jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: versioning a file
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 23:26:05 GMT
On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 6:50 PM, Diego Marin Santos
<diegomrsantos@gmail.com> wrote:
> when we save a file on repository we create a node with the name of this
> file(let's name it filename node) and a child of this node, named
> "jcr:content", representig the file actually. My question is which node
> should i make versionable? filename node or "jcr:content" node?

That depends... If you could think of having child-nodes other than
jcr:content under the file node (special meta-data, etc.) it makes
sense to version the jcr:content node only. But if there is data on
the file node that should get versioned together with the content, you
should version the file node.

Alexander Klimetschek

View raw message