jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: versioning a file
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 23:26:05 GMT
On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 6:50 PM, Diego Marin Santos
<diegomrsantos@gmail.com> wrote:
> when we save a file on repository we create a node with the name of this
> file(let's name it filename node) and a child of this node, named
> "jcr:content", representig the file actually. My question is which node
> should i make versionable? filename node or "jcr:content" node?

That depends... If you could think of having child-nodes other than
jcr:content under the file node (special meta-data, etc.) it makes
sense to version the jcr:content node only. But if there is data on
the file node that should get versioned together with the content, you
should version the file node.

Regards,
Alex

--