jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Rory Douglas" <rory1doug...@gmail.com>
Subject Admin identity for DefaultAccessManager and a JAAS LoginModule
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2009 16:53:19 GMT
Is there a way to configure the DefaultAccessManager (in 1.5) to recognize a
specific user/subject from a JAAS LoginModule as the Admin ID?

I see this is configurable for the DefaultLoginModule in repository.xml.  I
also see that DefaultAccessManager makes a determination based on the class
of the Principals a Subject has (o.a.j.c.security.SystemPrincipal or
o.a.j.c.security.principal.AdminPrincipal).  With a 3rd-party LoginModule, I
can't force the Principals to be of a particular class.

Do I need to extend DefaultAccessManager to enable configuring the AdminID,
or is there a configuration option for this I'm unaware of?  I'm using the
JDK 6 LdapLoginModule at the moment, and the latest trunk version of Sling
(but I'm fairly sure this is a purely Jackrabbit-related issue).

Regards
Rory