jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alessandro Cosenza" <alessandro.cose...@itkey.it>
Subject authorization
Date Sat, 10 Jan 2009 00:03:25 GMT
hi,

my questions:
1. using AccessManager for authorization in Jackrabbit means that JAAS classes are automatically

involved (Subject, Principal), or I can use AccessManager also without involving JAAS classes?

2.if i want to realize authorization with an external mechanism without JAAS, which mechanism
can I use?

3. on jsr170 1.0.1 at 6.9 Access Control it says: "...these permissions may be determined
by the Credentials
passed on login". I don't understand this.

4.which is the usage for Session.checkPermissions? it doesn't accept a user kind-of parameter,
how can I determine which user should be checked for permissions?