jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Mattheis, Erik W." <Erik.W.Matth...@espn.com>
Subject Re: Temp File Semantics
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 18:15:34 GMT
> The temp file prefix dbRecord is used in the DbDataStore in the following
> cases:
>
> - When reading, if the DbDataStore property copyWhenReading is enabled. Did
> you do that? Do you need it? Those files should be deleted if the file is
> read fully.

We didn't have this property set in our configuration. Looks like the default is true. I set
it to false, and everything looks good! In our scenario the file comes from Jackrabbit and
goes immediately to the client via HTTP, so we can stream directly without copying to disk.

> - When adding a record, if the database does not support adding streams of
> unknown size (currently only the H2 database supports that). Those files are
> deleted after adding.

This shouldn't be a problem since the volume of uploaded media is quite low.

Thanks for your help!

--
Erik