jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Michael Neale <michael.ne...@gmail.com>
Subject Maximum practical usages of export to XML
Date Sat, 31 Jan 2009 00:09:09 GMT
Hi All. Is it reasonable to assume there is some upper size which
makes it impractical to do a JCR XML export? (I suspect something like
that when I have a large repository, and try to export it, and it
takes a while, and I don't seem to get any data out of it).

(I would guess its partly how the export works - would just use a LOT
of memory). If this is the case - should it just not be relied on in
those cases where it is problematic? Or do I need to throw more
memory/patience at it?

Michael.