jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: Problem with JackRabbit 1.4 and temporary bin*tmp files
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2009 13:30:32 GMT
Hi,

>    I'm using JackRabbit 1.4.7 with a transient repository configured
> 'by default' (Derby, FS persistence manager).

I'm not sure if I understand... Could you post the repository.xml and
workspace.xml files?

>    When my app browses a(n nt:)folder with many files (say 200 or 300)
> or when it uses those files, the temp (java.io.tmp) folder is filled
> with 200+ or 300+ bin*.tmp files and Tomcat dies with, or throws back to
> my app, a 'too many open files' exception (cannot remember exactly the
> exception details, I'll try to reproduce and provide full details if
> strictly needed to help pinpoint/solve this issue).

I checked the source code, temp files that start with "bin" are
created in the blob store (enabled by default), the database file
system, and when using XML import/export. How many files are in the
blob store (directories workspaces/*/blobs)? If there are many files,
then it is likely a problem of the blob store. A workaround is using
the data store - for more details see
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore . The data store will be
enabled by default in the future. If this solves the problem could you
log a bug please?

Regards,
Thomas