jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Müller" <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: JackRabbit1.5 PersistenceManager and DataStore
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2009 13:27:45 GMT
Hi,

> Persistence Manager class-->
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.BundleDbPersistenceManager

I didn't test it with IBM DB2 so I'm not sure.

> With one of the attributes
> <param name="minBlobSize" value="4096"/>

This is not necessary if you use the DataStore.

> <DataStore class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.FileDataStore">
>  <param name="path" value="${rep.home}/repository/datastore"/>
>  <param name="minRecordLength" value="100"/>
> </DataStore>

Both parameters are not required, I would not define them. See also
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore (recently updated) "All
configuration options are optional".

> Is my assumption correct? I have read the wiki, but what's the real
> difference between "minBlobSize" and "minRecordLength", how do they differ?

I believe they don't actually differ much technically, only that one
is for the BLOB Store and the oder for the DataStore.

> With this configuration above, will all the time meta data properties will
> be saved in the database and the PDF's (stream objects) on the file system?

Yes.

Regards,
Thomas