jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Müller" <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: Temp File Semantics
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 16:45:48 GMT
Hi,

We were serving a 280 MB video file. As I recall, there were what appeared
> to be 4 or 5 complete copies of the video file (based on file size match)
> along with a partially complete file and about a dozen zero byte files. They
> were all named dbRecordXXXXX.tmp where XXXXX seems to be a sequential unique
> number.

The temp file prefix dbRecord is used in the DbDataStore in the following
cases:

- When reading, if the DbDataStore property copyWhenReading is enabled. Did
you do that? Do you need it? Those files should be deleted if the file is
read fully.

- When adding a record, if the database does not support adding streams of
unknown size (currently only the H2 database supports that). Those files are
deleted after adding.

Regards,
Thomas