jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Müller" <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: Strange problem in repository creation
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 16:33:39 GMT
Hi,

What is the exception in Linux? What is the temp directory in Linux?

I can't reproduce the problem. I still think the problem is the temporary
directory system property.

I checked the tmp directory and its showing me following path on windows
> which is correct.C:\DOCUME~1\ANAND~1.RAT\LOCALS~1\Temp\

How did you check the temp directory? Did you call
System.out.println(System.getProperty("java.io.tmpdir")) just before
connecting to the repository? You need to because the system property may be
different than the environment setting.

I can reproduce the problem with the following test:

import java.io.File;
public class Test {
    public static void main(String[] a) throws Exception {
        System.setProperty("java.io.tmpdir", "/abc");
        System.out.println("java.io.tmpdir=" +
System.getProperty("java.io.tmpdir"));
        File.createTempFile("bin", null, null);
    }
}

The same occurs if you set the system property in the command line using
-Djava.io.tmpdir=...

Regards,
Thomas