jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Müller" <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: Large DMS - 43 GB - Out Of Memory Errors
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 08:32:58 GMT
Hi,

> Currently we are
> facing a lot of issues related to the Out Of Memory exception, goes down
> around 3 times a day.

Did already analyze what uses so much memory? For example using
jmap (if you are using Java 1.5 or 1.6). Or using the YourKit Java Profiler.

I am also thinking of migrating to 1.5 Jackrabbit, what I have read is other
> than various jar file changes; it should be compatible to the 1.x release?
> also read about the DataStore, but to use it do I have to do the full
> export/import?

Upgrading is a good idea, you will have to do a full export/import however.

Regards,
Thomas