jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Müller" <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: Temp File Semantics
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2009 16:17:30 GMT
Hi,

We recently noticed that during heavy load temp
> files (e.g. - dbRecord12345.tmp) are not getting cleaned up.

Could you post a list of temp files (file name and file sizes)?
dbRecord...temp doesn't look like a file from the data store (I might be
wrong).

> This occurs
> when the temp filesystem fills up

How much space is available on the temp filesystem?

It seems at this point that Jackrabbit abandons the files and does not make
> any attempt to remove them from the temp directory. Obviously, this leaves
> the system in an unusable state until we manually purge the temp files.

Maybe they are deleted, but too late (when the program exits).

> 1 - Can I configure the temp directory used by Jackrabbit? I don't want to
> set the temp directory globally, just for Jackrabbit.

I don't think you can configure it at the moment.

> 4 - If I switch to a filesystem-based datastore instead of a DB-based one,
> will Jackrabbit still create these transient temp files, or will it simply
> stream from the existing filesystem?

The file data store creates less temp files (but let's see first if the
problem is really the data store).

Regards,
Thomas