jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Node UUID value
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2009 09:32:22 GMT
On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 8:49 AM, Anirvan Majumdar
<anirban.majumdar@taxilalab.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am facing a rather strange problem, most probably due to a lack of
> understanding of the internals of JackRabbit's node creation logic.
>
> In my repository, I had a particular Node which didn't have the mixin type
> "referenceable". Due to subsequent changes in requirements, I needed to
> access this node using its UUID. I changed my node-types definition file and
> added the required mixin type to the node definition.
>
>   Thereafter, I am seeing a strange behaviour - once the JCR repository is
> brought up, node.getUUID() returns me a value as expected. However, the node
> does NOT have the mandatory property "jcr:uuid" set. I also saw that doing a
> node.save() results in the setting of the jcr:uuid property.
>
> Can anyone explain me the logic behind this kind of a implementation.

manually editing node type definitions is not supported. mix:referenceable does
declare the jcr:uuid property. since you manually added mix:referenceable
to an existing type, nodes created with the old definition will not
have this property.

cheers
stefan