jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Diego Marin Santos" <diegomrsan...@gmail.com>
Subject Deleting the version history of a node
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2009 18:19:05 GMT
I've read on internet a jackrabbit user saying the following:
"*AFAIK the version storage was not intended to be removed completely by **
the JCR spec, since one idea of versioning is to be able to recover
deleted nodes. That's why it's not entirely possible to delete all
things inside the versioning storage (let's say this use case was not
I don't agree because in my opinion versioning makes sense when we wanna
modify a file and may wanna restore the previous file versions in the
When we delete a file, we don't think of restoring previous file versions.
Moreover, deleting a node(representing a file) we won't get a reference for
your version history, then why should we keep the version history of this