jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Charles Earl <charles.ce...@gmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit for digital media content management
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2009 16:30:15 GMT
Hi,
I'm evaluating CMS and versioning systems for the backend of a SaaS
I'm developing for digital media production workflow. Example content
is from media production suites such as Adobe After
Effects/Premier: video, compositions, etc. So some ability to also
track possible binary diffs in binary data (video) as well as metadata
(e.g. modifications to effects applied in a composition, timeline
annotations, etc.).
- Is this appropriate for  jackrabbit? Are there similar efforts built on top of
jackrabbit?
- Do you foresee any performance challenges?
I'd also like the object storage to be in S3/Amazon BlockStore or
similar remote stores.
My first thought was that git (or something based upon it) would do
just as well, java is my comfort zone though.
Charles