jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Tako Schotanus" <quinte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deleting the version history of a node
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2009 18:48:08 GMT
IMO this is because versioning is not seen as a method to go back to older
version for isolated files but as a way to get a "snapshot" of the state of
your entire workspace. If at some point you decide that you don't like the
changes that have been made to your repository and would like to go back to
the state it was in yesterday it would be very inconvenient if it would be
impossible to recuperate the deleted information that existed yesterday.

I understand the need to "physically" delete information, for example to
free up the space it uses, but it should be an exceptional operation instead
of the norm and has nothing to do with versioning.