jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Sebastian Gomez" <sage...@gmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit 1.5 ACL Basics
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 17:35:47 GMT
Hi everyone.
I'm trying to find some documentation on Jackrabbit 1.5 security using ACLs,
and I haven't found very much so I hope someone can help me out with this.
I'm trying to initialize my repository creating the ACL and ACE nodes by
hand, without having to do it programatically. I'd like to know what kind of
structure I should use. Looking at the source code I've come to the
conclusion that my access controlled nodes must have the mixin type rep:acl,
and a child node with mixin type rep:ace for each entry. These entries will
then have the principal and privileges in it's properties, that must have
the name specified in the AccessControlConstants interface. Is this the
basic idea or am I being mistaken?

Thanks in advance.

Sebastian Gomez.