jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From 류대원 <dwo...@nhncorp.com>
Subject RE: concurrent writes
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2009 01:55:21 GMT
Hi,
In that case, if you want to prevent B's writing, A has to lock the node before writing.
I don't think B could receive any notification of changes by A.

And without lock mechanism, your assumptions are correct.

won

-----Original Message-----
From: tcurdt@vafer.org [mailto:tcurdt@vafer.org] On Behalf Of Torsten Curdt
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2009 4:08 AM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: concurrent writes

I am wondering how "concurrent" writes are handled with
jcr/jackrabbit. While the spec (4.1.3.2 Transient Storage in the
Session) does answer some of the questions I was wondering about some
of the details.

Let's say I have two people A and B editing a node from a JCR
repository. Both hold a reference to the node concurrently in
different sessions. Both modify some properties. Now A saves his
session, then B saves his session. IIUC the repository would now show
the state of B's session as B was essentially last. Assuming the node
has mixin mix:versionable I would expect to revisions like

1 original
2 from A
3 from B

Are these assumptions correct?

Would there be any sign/notification (exception/return code) for B
that the node he wants to write to was changed by A?

cheers
--
Torsten