jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deleting Temporary Directory
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2009 09:31:01 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Holger Breuer
<Holger.Breuer@handelshof.de> wrote:
> I want to store all configuration and data in a MySQL-DB. This is
> possible without the Lucene-Index and workspace-configuration-file.
> They are created in a "workspace" directory. After stopping Jboss,
> I'm able to delete the workspace directory.

The workspace directory *is* the workspace that you've created. The
fact that the actual content is stored in an external database is a
result of how the database persistence manager is implemented and
configured. Deleting the workspace directory removes the workspace
from your repository.

> Does that mean, that the temporary-directory must not deleted ...
> never? Or is it only a temporary directory, when storing all other
> files in the database and my configuration is not correct.

As mentioned above, the workspace directory is definitely not a
temporary directory and you should not delete it unless you really
want to get rid of a workspace.

BR,

Jukka Zitting