jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue with versioning of cloned nodes
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2009 09:09:28 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 9:51 AM, quipere <jquipere@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I know the versionhistory is shared over workspaces. But I like to know
> whether the versionable node is copied in every workspace where it is used,
> or just a ref to the node in the shared versionhistory since the data of the
> node is already stored in the versionhistory. I could imagine that the node
> will only be fysically copied in the workspace when it is checked out.

There is a separate copy of the node in each workspace where it exists.

The solution against excessive disk usage (and for major performance
improvements) when handling separate copies of large nodes (ones with
large binary properties) is the data store feature that ensures that
only a single copy of any one binary value is kept in the repository.
Then your nodes would still be separate copies, but all their binary
properties would be shared.

BR,

Jukka Zitting