jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: Workflow and JCR
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2009 23:21:42 GMT
Mirosław Ochodek schrieb:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am considering possiblities how to implement workflow in jcr
> repository.
>
> What I would like to achieve is to have states for each nodes and
> control transitions.
>
> I know that this kind of functionality generally might be achieved
> with jbpm library.
>
> Have you got any experience you can share in combining JCR with
> workflow libraries or other approaches to this issue?

well, I think workflow and jcr are orthogonal to each other and the only
connection could be the path, for example /foo/bar/document.pdf

Re the workflow itself I think you can re-use an existing package or
introduce your own interface (and corresponding implementation) as for
example

http://yanel.wyona.org/javadoc/org/wyona/yanel/core/api/attributes/WorkflowableV1.html

HTH

Michael