jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: How do I configure Index Rules when using OCM
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2009 13:34:27 GMT
Vishal Seth wrote:
> Index rule configuration for properties is as follows:
>   <index-rule nodeType="nt:unstructured">
>      <property>id</property>
>   </index-rule>
>   <index-rule nodeType="nt:unstructured">
>      <property>name</property>
>   </index-rule>
>   <index-rule nodeType="nt:unstructured">
>      <property>className</property>
>   </index-rule>
>   <index-rule nodeType="nt:unstructured">
>      <property>path</property>
>   </index-rule>

this won't work. the query handler will always pick the first index-rule that
matches (see also http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/IndexingConfiguration). that
is, if you have a node of type nt:unstructured then always the first index-rule
will be chosen. all other rules will be ignored. I guess what you rather want is:

  <index-rule nodeType="nt:unstructured">
     <property>id</property>
     <property>name</property>
     <property>ocm_classname</property>
     <property>path</property>
  </index-rule>

however I doubt that this will have a significant impact on the startup time of
the repository. do you have profiling data that indicates that startup is slow
due to the size of the index?

regards
 marcel