jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Fabián Mandelbaum <fmandelb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with JackRabbit 1.4 and temporary bin*tmp files
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:27:37 GMT
Hello, answering below, between lines

Thomas Müller escribió:

>>    When my app browses a(n nt:)folder with many files (say 200 or 300)
>> or when it uses those files, the temp (java.io.tmp) folder is filled
>> with 200+ or 300+ bin*.tmp files and Tomcat dies with, or throws back to
>> my app, a 'too many open files' exception (cannot remember exactly the
>> exception details, I'll try to reproduce and provide full details if
>> strictly needed to help pinpoint/solve this issue).
>>

> system, and when using XML import/export. How many files are in the
> blob store (directories workspaces/*/blobs)? If there are many files,
> then it is likely a problem of the blob store. A workaround is using
> the data store - for more details see
> http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore . The data store will be
> enabled by default in the future. If this solves the problem could you
> log a bug please?

I've added the DataStore element, as stated in the Wiki (see below for a
fix for that wiki BTW) and now I don't see any bin*tmp file at all.
After recreating and repopulating the repos, everything seems to be
working fine now. Thanks for the tip!

Where do I file bugs?

As for the DataStore wiki, it says:

      How to configure the file data store

To use the file based data store, add this to your repository.xml after
the <Repository> start tag:

    <DataStore class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.FileDataStore"/>

Well, this is wrong. The DataStore element cannot be added after the <Repository> start
tag, it has to be added near the end of the <Repository> element.
If you edit repository.xml with a validating XML editor (I've used Oxygen), it will bark.

Thanks again.