jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Mark Nüßler <mark.nuess...@9elements.com>
Subject Re: session save and performance question
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2009 21:38:49 GMT
Hello Kevin,

i think you are right, when saying that saving the session is cost
intensive. but ... it depends on ...

1. how your application works internally
     - do you really have to save the session every time
       or can you work with a transaction concept ?
2. what kind of structure you use
	- flat or hierachical
3. if you need/use mix:versioning
4. .... maybe others i've not mentioned here ?

i made some tests regarding 'invisible' structure nodes
vs a flat hierarchy when adding 50k content nodes.
[50k is a small amount within my current project]

it is always better to have a kind of structure above
your content nodes, when you exceed x numbers of child-nodes.

because i haven't done all of the tests, i am not really sure
what i would suggest for x - the userlist says ~10k, anywhere
else (or was it an old entry ?) mentioned 4k.

@Kevin, if not done yet, read some of the old list-entries

best regards

derMark

Cheng Zhang schrieb:
> I saw session saving costs too much time. I guest it might be caused by too many nodes
to be saved. what's the best practice to save the session to get the best performance?