jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jop Zinkweg - Initworks B.V." <zink...@initworks.com>
Subject Search changed after upgrading from 1.4 to 1.5
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 12:45:34 GMT
Hello everyone,

After upgrading from Jackrabbit 1.4(.5) to 1.5(.0), the behaviour of our
search box changed.

Previously we were able to search the 'binary' contents and additional
properties of a jcr:content node using the following query:

SELECT * FROM bos:correspondentie WHERE CONTAINS(.,'abc')

After upgrading this query only returns 'old' files (uploaded while
running 1.4) which have 'abc' in them (pdf / odt files).

When searching for a value known to be in a 'meta' property both 'old'
and 'new' (1.5) files are returned.

After removing the index both the 'old' and 'new' files can only be
found using their properties.

This leads me to believe the indexing behaviour (and not the query
behaviour) has changed between 1.4 and 1.5.

We're running a vanilla 1.4 configuration, and looking at the 1.5
vanilla config nothing has changed in respect to the searching/indexing
default setup.

Our node structure is as follows:

* 'folder' = nt:folder
  * 'file.odt' = nt:file
    * 'jcr:content' = nt:unstructured (+ bos:correspondentie mixin
defining some properties)

Has the indexing behaviour changed in 1.5, or am I looking at another
problem entirely?

Thanks in advance,

Jop Zinkweg