jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: Custom privileges using jsr-283 developer preview
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2009 09:58:13 GMT
hi juanjo

> The nodetype definition for "rep:ACE" is currently:
[...]
> The property "rep:privileges" has req requiredType="String". Does not that
> mean I could setting whatever privilege expressed as String?.

first of all: in fact it should be 'Name'. that spec has changed
in the mean time and requires privileges to be jcr-names.

and yes: from the nt-definition you could set whatever you
want. but if i remember correctly it is inhibited by the
ACL/ACE implementation that validates the passed privileges
according to the contract.

and finally: even if you would write custom privileges to
your content, they wouldn't be evaluated. most probably
an exception will be raised or they will be simply ignored.

that's the status as of today...

kind regards
angela