jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Holger Breuer" <Holger.Bre...@handelshof.de>
Subject Deleting Temporary Directory
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2009 09:08:53 GMT
Hi,

after reading some papers, homepage and wiki and installing Jackrabbit
as JCA-Resource in Jboss
I have some simple questions about the configuration:

I want to store all configuration and data in a MySQL-DB. This is
possible without the
Lucene-Index and workspace-configuration-file. They are created in a
"workspace"
directory. After stopping Jboss, I'm able to delete the workspace
directory.

If the "default" workspace is the only workspace it will be created
after a restart. But other
new workspaces and data will not. They are persisted in the DB, but
after stopping and deleting
the workspace directory and restarting Jboss only the "default"
workspace will be created
with the current saved data. Any other workspace is not accessable any
more but still persisted in the
DB.

Does that mean, that the temporary-directory must not deleted ...
never? Or is it only a temporary directory,
when storing all other files in the database and my configuration is
not correct.

Cheers
HB

---
Handelshof Management GmbH
Viktoriastr.26 • 51149 Koeln (Germany)
Amtsgericht Koeln HRB 2078
Ust.-ID-Nr. DE 123064252
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Koeln
Geschaeftsfuehrer:
Dipl.-Betriebsw. (BA) Wolfgang Baer (MBA) (Sprecher)
Dipl.-Kfm. Kai Patrick Merleker,
Dr. Wilhelm von Moers
http://www.handelshof.de
---