jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Wallace ...@rwmotloc.com>
Subject Re: Cluster Datastore garbage collection.
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:14:01 GMT
Alexander Klimetschek wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 8:59 PM, Alexander Wallace <aw@rwmotloc.com> wrote:
>

> I would think so, but I am not 100% sure what happens if one node
> already has removed the reference to the datastore entry (aka marked
> unused during gc), but another cluster node still wants to read from
> it, because the removed node or property event hasn't arrived yet...

Got it... Since the cluster syncronization happens very often, and
sounds like running GC is not a super high priority, It seems that it
would be safer to run the GC say, once a day during a very low traffic
window, perhaps at 3 am or so, to minimize user exposure...
> Regards,
> Alex

Thanks a lot for the response!

Alex.