jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: jackrabbit components (jcr2spi, spi2jcr, ecc.)
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 07:28:32 GMT
hi alessandro

> does anyone give me a complete explanation of figure [...]

maybe not a complete explanation but a rough overview.
hope that helps.

 > i don't undestand how a generic jcr call is dispatched relative
 > to each arrow-path.

what do you not understand exactly?

> for example, the spi2jcr maybe means that spi calls are re-mapped to jcr calls
> and are sent to a jsr170 implementation?

yes. spi2jcr is a SPI implementation that maps the SPI calls
to JCR calls again... this can be any compliant implementation.
the tests are obviously run with jackrabbit-core.

interfaces and classes defined by http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=170

> to which package of the jackrabbit implementation corresponds?

the JCR interfaces/classes are not owned by apache jackrabbit.
jackrabbit is the reference implementation for JSR 170.

angela