jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Peter Heß <peter.h...@gbtec.de>
Subject Problem during removing a node with childNodes
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2009 12:42:02 GMT

Hello,

I've a problem which is described in serveral postings, but I can't find a
solution

Situation:

I have a tree with nodes and I want to remove the root node of the tree.
UUID is "a", then an exception occurs ItemNotFoundExecption but the reported
uuid is "b".

I've tested this in a single thread and after an application restart.

I can't get the reported node "b" with an Xpath query or by getNodeByUuid().
So the exception is OK. "b" does not exist, but it was a former child of a
child in the tree of node "a". And so removing of node a aborts.

A lot of postings talk about this similar problems but how to solve this
without reinitializing the repository? We're in a production environment and
import/export via XML is not a possible option. Is there a way to correct
this with some code.

The hard way to patch Jackrabbit to do not the check looks possible, (ignore
the Exeption...) but I think there will be after this some unknown records
in the database. :-)

Thanks for all help,

Peter