jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Eric Black" <d.eric.bl...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with a directory named zip
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2009 14:44:29 GMT
Hi,

I'm using Jackrabbit from within ControlTier (
http://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/controltier/index.php?title=Main_Page)
and I'm having trouble with a directory named zip. I had sent this to the
controltier mailing list and they suggested I send an email to this list. I
looked on the jackrabbit website for information regarding this, and I tried
modifying both the jetty container and jackrabbit config files.

I noticed I was able to browse the webdav tree ok, but when it came to
the zip directory tree, the browser kept trying to download a
'BIN' (binary) file when I attempted to enter the directory. I'm ok if
I use a full URL to the individual zip file or the directory right
above the zip file (http://eblack-desktop:9840/jackrabbit/repository/
workbench/pkgs/OracleDevToolsDeploy/zip/zips/)-<http://eblack-desktop:9840/jackrabbit/repository/workbench/pkgs/OracleDevToolsDeploy/zip/zips/%29->I'm
sure it is the
MIME encoding problem, but I'm not sure if it's the browser or the
server.

I checked this on two systems, one with IE and one with Firefox. I also
tried modifying all the mime type settings in firefox, but nothing changed.

I modified my /etc/mime.types file, but nothing changed.

I modified $CTIER_ROOT/pkgs/jetty-6.1.10/etc/webdefault.xml, the
org/mortbay/jetty/mime.properties file in
$CTIER_ROOT/pkgs/jetty-6.1.10/lib/jetty-6.1.10.jar, and
$CTIER_ROOT/pkgs/jetty-6.1.10/webapps/jackrabbit/WEB-INF/web.xml file to
override the zip mime type, still nothing changed.

Then I used wget to see if I could troubleshoot:

root@eblack-desktop:~/ctier# wget -v --user default --password default
http://localhost:9840/jackrabbit/repository/workbench/pkgs/default/zip
--2009-01-15 12:10:23--
http://localhost:9840/jackrabbit/repository/workbench/pkgs/default/zip
Resolving localhost... 127.0.0.1
Connecting to localhost|127.0.0.1|:9840... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 401 Unauthorized
Reusing existing connection to localhost:9840.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 45543 (44K)
Saving to: `zip'

100%[==============================================================================================>]
45,543      --.-K/s   in 0s

2009-01-15 12:10:23 (184 MB/s) - `zip' saved [45543/45543]

Looking at the size, it had something in it, so I wanted to see what it was:

root@eblack-desktop:~/ctier# strings zip | head
Ka/:
zips/OracleDevTools-090102.zip
.9I0p4
(/ g
;tS/
nN=~d0
QW&O`\

Notice it has a zip file in it. Unzipping it gave me everything in the
webpath:

root@eblack-desktop:~/ctier# unzip zip
Archive:  zip
  inflating: zips/OracleDevTools-090102.zip
  inflating: zips/OracleDevTools-0033.zip
root@eblack-desktop:~/ctier#

So, it looks like jackrabbit is zipping it up on the request and then
sending it back as an x-zip mime type.


Thanks,
Eric

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message