jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Vijay Pandey <VPan...@mdes.ms.gov>
Subject RE: using nodes with names starting with numbers
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2009 22:37:17 GMT
If the first character is a digit, you can use this class
org.apache.jackrabbit.util.ISO9075 to encode.

Thanks
Vijay

-----Original Message-----
From: Torgeir Veimo [mailto:torgeir@pobox.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 3:39 PM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: using nodes with names starting with numbers

I seem to be able to successfully create nodes with names starting
with a number, but I cannot search for them with the query string eg.

/jcr:root/nen:content/people/5cb31fb82acd41b29fceaa7536cc74a6/
nen:wall//element(*,nen:message)

when I've successfully created a node with name /jcr:root/nen:content/
people/5cb31fb82acd41b29fceaa7536cc74a6/

I had a quick glance in the 170 spec, and I couldn't find any
indication that a node cannot start with a number, at least not in
section 4.6 Path Syntax.

Should I escape the name when creating the node, so that it doesn't
start with a name, or should I escape the search, or is there a bug in
the query parser?

--
Torgeir Veimo
torgeir@pobox.com