jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Vijay Pandey <VPan...@mdes.ms.gov>
Subject JackRabbit1.5 PersistenceManager and DataStore
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2009 14:52:00 GMT

Our project has been using JackRabbit 1.0.1, now we would like to migrate to
JackRabbit 1.5, I have few questions on the dataStore for jackrabbit.

Current 1.0.1 Configuration is:

Persistence Manager class--> SimpleDbPersistenceManager (
externalBlobs=true, database is DB2). In the repository we are basically
storing PDF docs(stream object) that range from size 10kb to around 100KB
max and we associate around 10-14 properties (string and date types,
metadata).With the externalBlobs being true, the actual PDF's are stored in
FileSystem (SAN)

<FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">
            <param name="path" value="${wsp.home}"/>

Now with 1.5 Jacrabbit configuration ( with datastore - we still want to
store the PDF's on the file system), so will the following configuration
will suffice?

Persistence Manager class-->

With one of the attributes
<param name="minBlobSize" value="4096"/>

<DataStore class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.FileDataStore">
  <param name="path" value="${rep.home}/repository/datastore"/>
  <param name="minRecordLength" value="100"/>

So if we use DataStore, externalBlobs property will never be used( as we
have set up the DataStore) and as
the dataStore is FileDataStore, will the PDF's (stream) will be stored on
the fileSystem.

Is my assumption correct? I have read the wiki, but what's the real
difference between "minBlobSize" and "minRecordLength", how do they differ?
With this configuration above, will all the time meta data properties will
be saved in the database and the PDF's (stream objects) on the file system?

View raw message