jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Vijay Pandey <VPan...@mdes.ms.gov>
Subject Large DMS - 43 GB - Out Of Memory Errors
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2009 16:48:43 GMT
Hi,

We are using Jackrabbit 1.0.1 now for more than 2 years. Currently we are
facing a lot of issues related to the Out Of Memory exception, goes down
around 3 times a day. These are the relevant details of the DMS.

a)       JackRabbit 1.0.1 - set up as a standalone RMI server

b)       Its primarily used to store PDF documents ( size vary from 50 KB to
100 KB for each document) in binary format

c)       We have a nightly java batch programs that inserts around 5000 to
6000 of these documents every day

d)       During the day time these documents are accessed by the user from a
web application - we connect through RMI to the jackrabbit server and fetch
the document

e)       The database used is DB2 and the documents ( blobs) are stored on
the file system ( setting for externalblobs is true)

f)         The total size of the repository has reached around 43 GB

Will really appreciate if you all can throw some light on this and what can
be done to resolve this issue?

I am also thinking of migrating to 1.5 Jackrabbit, what I have read is other
than various jar file changes; it should be compatible to the 1.x release? I
also read about the DataStore, but to use it do I have to do the full
export/import?

Thanks

Vijay