jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "MARTINEZ Antonio" <Antonio.Marti...@alcatel-lucent.com>
Subject RE: Problem binding RMI in standalone jackrabbit 1.5.2
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2009 03:35:58 GMT

> When starting jackrabbit I'm getting an error Caused by:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.server.ServerRepository_Stub

Apparently this issue was flagged already in this thread
http://www.mail-archive.com/jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg03635
.html, and we get this exception if the rmiservice is started outside
the servlet code.

The reason I started that rmiservice (outside the servlet) is because I
was getting a connection refused exception when RMIRemoteBindingServlet
was trying to bind the repository (i.e, RMI registry was not running).

On a close inspection I see that web.xml differ between
jackrabbit-webapp and jackrabbit-stardalone on:

- Webapp: Uses RepositoryStartupServlet.java, which start the repository
and ALSO start an rmiregistry (and binds the repo)
- Standalone on the other hand start the repo (in
JackrabbitRepositoryServlet.java) but does not start an rmiregistry. The
binding is done in RMIRemoteBindingServlet, but since the rmiregistry is
not started this always fails.

Has anybody used the stardalone with rmi ?

It looks to me that JackrabbitRepositoryServlet should start the
rmiregistry (as RepositoryStartupServlet was doing). Any particular
reason why that is not done ?

Thanks,
Antonio