jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Martin Pietsch <mpe...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Files uploaded by WebDAV not accessible via OCM queries
Date Sun, 14 Dec 2008 20:03:34 GMT
Hi St├ęphane,

slandelle@excilys.com wrote:
> IMO, discriminator should only be used only if you really can do otherwise.
>
> It sure is a fast way to have something running.
> However, as it stores the java class name into the repository, it's a real
> pain when you try to refactor your java model and change the class name.

I'm aware of that. That's why I'm asking if the OCM queries rely on that
discriminator tag. The main problem is, that the contentManager is not
able to map a node if it does not contain the discriminator.

To put it differently: Is there a way to tell the OCM criterions for the
  mapping different from the discriminator tag.
And finally: Is that possible via annotations?

My File POJO currently looks like this:

@Node(jcrType="nt:file", extend=HierarchyNode.class, discriminator = true)
public class File  extends HierarchyNode {

     @Bean(jcrName="jcr:content") private Resource resource;

     public Resource getResource() {
         return resource;
     }

     public void setResource(Resource resource) {
         this.resource = resource;
     }

}

Best,