jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Greg Klebus" <g...@klebus.com>
Subject Re: Deployment problems when deploying Jackrabbit 1.5 with spring-modules-jcr
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2008 14:58:53 GMT
Hi Eyji

Re CRX / Jackrabbit questions:

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 2:21 PM, Eyji <eyji@thorarinssons.net> wrote:

> You were right, we hade remnants left of our previously used
> TarPersistanceManager, but we switched over to Derby, and our environment
> now works well.
> To add on to our problem, we are using JackRabbit 1.5 deployed on Tomcat 6
> with CRX 1.4, which could have added some classpath failures? If that is
> so,
> how do we best deploy JR 1.5 with CRX 1.4?

CRX starting with 1.4 is drop-in/source-code compatible with the
corresponding Jacrkabbit release (specifically, Jackrabbit branch). Newer
Jackrabbit releases are not guaranteed to work out-of-the-box, as there
might be incompatible changes in the newer JR code (especially for modules
not maintained in Jackrabbit).

Because of that, I would not generally recommend to deploy CRX 1.4 with some
modules upgraded to JR 1.5.

> Do you know if CRX will soon be
> upgraded according to the new version of JR?

We're discussing the Jackrabbit version, on which we're going to base our
next major CRX update. There's quite some interesting JSR-283
forward-looking(*) enhancements going on in JR trunk a.t.m., which we'd like
to embrace in CRX a.s.a.p., and this surely is a certain challenge from the
commercial product, standards-compliance, and engineering perspective :)
Jackrabbit 1.5 already includes some of these of course.

(*) Surely neither CRX nor Jackrabbit claim to be compliant with the
upcomings standard, it's not possible (legal) before it's published.

Cheers
Greg