jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: problem with inserting big amount of data in repository
Date Sun, 14 Dec 2008 15:35:21 GMT
On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 12:50 PM, hosseinakbari <h_akbari@magfa.com> wrote:
> I want to write huge amount of data in my repository, about 5000000

What unit are you talking about?

> and it going to take a lot of time

Development time? Or do you already import data into the repository
and maybe have exact measurements how long it takes for what amount of
data (nr of nodes, what kind of property values, eg. strings or size
of binaries, etc.)?

> my question is is JCR work in this way

JCR can easily handle millions of nodes. There is a limit with
references and child nodes (see
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Performance), but with a proper
content model you never touch these.

> or my implementation is wrong.

Since we know almost nothing about what you are doing, we cannot
answer that question.

Alexander Klimetschek

View raw message