jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: JackRabbit client / server
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 12:42:08 GMT
On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 12:12 PM, alarcher <antoinelarcher@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sling projet seems to be a little bit young, it maybe a risk to choose this
> technology.
> However I am going to take a deeper look at it and check it regularly to see
> its evolution.

You might want to take a look at this nice Sling introduction:
http://www.unc.edu/home/adamc/sling-overview.html

It describes the current status of the project very accurately:

<citation>

How Stable is this?

>From a technical perspective, Sling's fairly stable and has at least
one full-fledged "release" under its belt. The main issue is that most
of the developers work for the same company (Day Software). The Apache
Software Foundation requires projects to establish that they have a
sustainable, distributed community of committers, and that's why it's
still in incubation. Since the project's getting more attention
though, I don't expect it to be too long before it "graduates."

</citation>

Regards,
Alex

--