jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: NodeTypeRegistry for image?
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 18:41:26 GMT
On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 6:40 PM, Phillip Rhodes
<spamsucks@rhoderunner.com> wrote:
> I have a node type that represents an Image.  I do not see this in the NodeTypeRegistry.
 Since it's a common type of content item, I think it would be a good candidate to represent
here.  Does anyone have a good definition for an image definition, or should I post my definition?

An image should probably based on nt:file to maximize re-use (eg.
either extending nt:file or having a mixin that you would add to an
nt:file), eg. to work with the simple webdav servlet. nt:file with
jcr:content/jcr:mimeType="image/*" is already a good "marker" for an
image, but you might want to have additional properties for
image-related metadata. Just my 2 cents...

> http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/NodeTypeRegistry

Feel free to post it under a separate section on the wiki page.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek