jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: displaying the image using JSP
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 11:30:14 GMT
Hi!

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 8:05 AM, far4ever <fathimafarhath@gmail.com> wrote:
> i have extracted the image from the repository ( as Inputstram) in a servlet
> and now i need to pass it to the JSP and make it display but with some other
> text fields as well . but when i use my below code it displays the object
> but not the text... and also it throws a exception as well ( when 'forward'
> of dispatcher is called)

You need to have two different servlets/jsps for your task. One that
returns the image and one for the HTML that links to the image. You
cannot combine them in one response (and the exception you get is
probably related to that as you try to mix binary and text/html
content in one response).

I'd recommend to look at some HTTP, HTML and servlet programming tutorials.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek