jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Kurz Wolfgang <wolfgang.k...@gwvs.de>
Subject AW: WHich Database comes with Jackrabbit?
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2008 11:09:57 GMT
Oh man i was totally wrong hehe:-)

So the Derby Database is used as is:-)

Just one final question Is there any additional configuration I can do on that setup?

For example in how many files that database is stored and how big those files are?

Thx again!

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Stefan Guggisberg [mailto:stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 12. Dezember 2008 11:49
An: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Betreff: Re: WHich Database comes with Jackrabbit?

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 11:32 AM, Kurz Wolfgang <wolfgang.kurz@gwvs.de> wrote:
> Thx a lot for your response:-)
>
> Don't I have to configure Jackrabbit to use that Derby Database then?
>
> Cause right now I have it configured to use the local Filesystem like this:
>
> <FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">
>        <param name="path" value="${wsp.home}"/>
> </FileSystem>

ah, i can see now why you're confused. the short answer is: no, you don't
need to specifically configure jackrabbit to use the embedded derby db.
jackrabbit's default configuration does use derby on the persistence layer.

the FileSystem configuration you're refering to is something different.
for more information regarding PersistenceManager and FileSystem
see jackrabbit's FAQ [1] (scroll down to the "Persistence Manager"
section) or the jackrabbit WIKI [2].

[1] http://jackrabbit.apache.org/frequently-asked-questions.html
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ

cheers