jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@onehippo.com>
Subject RE: how to make the path name searchable
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2008 22:20:27 GMT

> Ard, thanks a lot for your information.
>
> My real problem: I have a product tree as below,
>
>    top_category_t1
>       subcategoryx
>          producta
>          productb
>       subcategory_y
>          productc
>          productd
>    top_category_t2
>       subcategoryz
>          producta
>
>          producte
>          productf
>       subcategoryk
>          productg
>          producth
>
> The product has no category information because one product
> could belong to more than one category. I wish if I search
> for "subcategory_y", node "subcategory_y" could be returned.

Can't you search then for the nodename? Also just wondering, but are you
duplicating the node 'producta'? Furthermore, I  doubt whether you
aren't to much focussing on the hierarchical structure. Why not just add
all the categories as properties on a product, and 'derive' a
hierarchical structure from this. It looks to me that you would like
some kind of facetted navigation based on categories...

Ard