jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@onehippo.com>
Subject RE: how to make the path name searchable
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2008 21:38:07 GMT

Hello Kevin,

It is not possible without extending the Jackrabbit SearchIndex (and
having implication for moving nodes as well, because you have to re-save
the entire subtree). Furthermore, the design is to not have any path
information in the index or in nodestates. This ensures move operation
to be leight, no matter how large the subtree below the node to move.
This wouldn't be possible if you would store path information. I also
think you'll run into really nasty issues in case of same name
sibblings. Last but not least, I doubt whether having a search result
based on path info is a good strategy anyway...

Ard