jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Savvas Triantafyllou" <savvas.triantafyl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit Security Authentication Policy
Date Sun, 28 Dec 2008 02:01:19 GMT
Hello,

> Hello. I'm trying to deploy Jackrabbit 1.5.0 via JCA resource adapter in
> JBoss 4.2.3. I don't want any access control to the repository, therefore I
> just left the default security config in the repository.xml as follows:
>
>    <Security appName="Jackrabbit">
>        <SecurityManager
> class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.simple.SimpleSecurityManager"
> workspaceName="security">
>        </SecurityManager>
>        <AccessManager
> class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.simple.SimpleAccessManager">
>        </AccessManager>
>        <LoginModule
> class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.simple.SimpleLoginModule">
>           <param name="anonymousId" value="anonymous"/>
>           <param name="adminId" value="admin"/>
>        </LoginModule>
>    </Security>
>
> The problem is that Jackrabbit ignores it and is using instead the
> UsersRolesLoginModule, that is, the JBoss default JAAS authentication.

The problem is that Jboss always returns an application configuration entry
for a specific appName. Thus, Jackrabbit will always get a JAAS
Configuration entry.

Since Security element is mandatory in repository.xml,
try to add the following to the
JBOSS_HOME/server/default/conf/login-conf.xml file

<application-policy name = "Jackrabbit">

       <authentication>

          <login-module code =
"org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.SimpleLoginModule"

             flag = "required" />

       </authentication>
    </application-policy>

It has worked for me.

> Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Can anybody help me please?
>
> I have another question. If I have three workspaces, do I have to write
> both
> three <SecurityManager> declarations for each workspace?. For example:
>
> <SecurityManager
> class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.simple.SimpleSecurityManager"
> workspaceName="workspace1"/>
> <SecurityManager
> class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.simple.SimpleSecurityManager"
> workspaceName="workspace2"/>
> <SecurityManager
> class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.simple.SimpleSecurityManager"
> workspaceName="workspace3"/>

Check http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JackrabbitOnJbossSecurity for
more details on the issue

Savvas Triantafyllou