jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WHich Database comes with Jackrabbit?
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2008 10:49:29 GMT
On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 11:32 AM, Kurz Wolfgang <wolfgang.kurz@gwvs.de> wrote:
> Thx a lot for your response:-)
>
> Don't I have to configure Jackrabbit to use that Derby Database then?
>
> Cause right now I have it configured to use the local Filesystem like this:
>
> <FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">
>        <param name="path" value="${wsp.home}"/>
> </FileSystem>

ah, i can see now why you're confused. the short answer is: no, you don't
need to specifically configure jackrabbit to use the embedded derby db.
jackrabbit's default configuration does use derby on the persistence layer.

the FileSystem configuration you're refering to is something different.
for more information regarding PersistenceManager and FileSystem
see jackrabbit's FAQ [1] (scroll down to the "Persistence Manager"
section) or the jackrabbit WIKI [2].

[1] http://jackrabbit.apache.org/frequently-asked-questions.html
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ

cheers