jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: standalone server and rmi
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2008 13:35:03 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 10:12 AM, Christian Stocker <me@chregu.tv> wrote:
> I got the Standalone Server running and WebDAV is working fine, but the
> remote RMI method always gives me a Connection refused. I tried the URLs
> stated in http://127.0.0.1:8080/remote.jsp ->
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/rmi
> and
> //localhost/jackrabbit.repository
>
> but both don't work, also not with all the other IPs I currently have on
> my computer. calling the http address in my webbrowser gives me:
> [...]
> Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

The RMI servlet is failing because it can't find the RMI registry (the
one that would manage the //localhost/jackrabbit.repository binding)
on your computer. The jackrabbit-webapp component automatically starts
an embedded RMI registry if needed, but the current standalone jar
doesn't.

And because the RMI servlet fails to initialize itself due to the
missing registry, also the HTTP export of the RMI stub at
http://.../rmi is broken. :-(

A workaround to this issue is to replace "RMIRemoteBindingServlet" in
the WEB-INF/web.xml file inside the standalone jar with just
"RemoteBindingServlet".

I'll fix the behaviour in RMIRemoteBindingServlet so that the servlet
will only log a warning instead of failing completely when the RMI
registry is not found.

BR,

Jukka Zitting