jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RMI Query
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2008 21:07:33 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Todd Seiber <todd.seiber@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am having an issue with some queries over RMI. Given the following SQL
> query "SELECT * FROM foo:bar where jcr:path like
> '/foo:root/foo:baz/i12289179751584/%'" an RMI query will result in all
> foo:bar nodes in the repository. A query using the same repository in local
> context will return the correct results. Is there something else I can do to
> work around this?

The RMI layer should map all JCR calls one-to-one over the network, so
it's a bit surprising if the results are different. There might be
some bug in the RMI code, but first you should fix your code:

>      ServerQuery_Stub *rqActionItem* = (ServerQuery_Stub)
> rqm.createQuery(queryString, javax.jcr.query.Query.*SQL*);
>      ServerQueryResult_Stub *rqrActionItem* = (ServerQueryResult_Stub)
> rqInitiative.execute();

You should never need to access the RMI stubs directly!

See http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-jcr-rmi.html for
instructions for accessing a remote repsitory. Apart from the
different way of acquiring the Repository instance, the exact same
code should work for both local and remote access.

BR,

Jukka Zitting