jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Anirvan Majumdar <anirban.majum...@taxilalab.com>
Subject "isModified" method for a Node
Date Sat, 27 Dec 2008 05:11:48 GMT
Hello,

Recently while using JackRabbit, I wanted to lock a particular node for
some subsequent tasks on it. Before the point I wanted to lock the node,
I needed to make certain changes to one of the child nodes of this
particular node. I duly invoked the "save" method on the child node
before applying the lock on the parent node. However, I got an
"InvalidItemStateException". As this exception indicates that there are
some pending changes [which shouldn't be the case], I put a check before
the lock - if (!node.isModified). Surprisingly I still got the same
exception.
This leads me to believe that even though the node has no modifications,
still I keep getting an exception indicating that there are pending
unsaved changes!

Anyone faced a similar situation before, and am I missing out on
something here?

Thanks!
Anirvan