jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is possible "chroot" a jackrabbit session?
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2008 13:53:22 GMT
Hi Luis,

Luis Gervaso schrieb:
> Hi David,
>
> I know Sling and your presentations, and it looks really nice
>
> BUT i used to code the web layer with Spring MVC, Struts2, Wicket ...,
>
> I have not found doc related how to integrate these frameworks with Sling.
> My main concern is related
> with
>  validation of the data the user input,
>  and the administrative tasks of the site
>
> Is there any doc that explain how to integrate, for example Struts2
> framework as frontend of Sling (the backend) ??

No, there is unfortunately not yet any documentation on integrating
Struts etc. But since these frameworks are mainly built around servlets
to be deployed, I would assume, that a first shot approach would just be
to build an OSGi bundle with the struts library and try to "activate"
struts and continue from there.

One nice thing about Sling with the repository is, that you do not have
to hardwire everything in a XML file and package it up in the web
application but you can store the configuration in the repository and
make use of the dynamics of Sling and Repository to adapt on the fly.

Of course, you can still embed the descriptor(s) in the bundle and use
it from within the bundle, if you wish.

Anyway, we at Sling are very interested in HOW-TO docs on integrating
existing frameworks. One such candidate which pops up every now and then
is for example JSF.

Regards
Felix

> So i am currently using Jackrabbit (probably not is the best)
>
> Thanks for your reply
>
> Luis
>

> On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 2:35 PM, David Nuescheler <uncled@day.com> wrote:
>
>> hi luis,
>>
>> i think there may be different concerns...
>>
>> there are certain web specific things that are probably already solved
>> in apache sling [1].
>> i am not sure if you are also trying to solve access control issues
>> but i would really
>> recommend to look at sling which for example features the mapping of
>> hostnames
>> to certain areas of the repo. so something like http://xyz.com/ would
>> map to /content/xyz.
>>
>> please find more information about that on the apache sling mailing list
>> [2].
>>
>> regards,
>> david
>>
>> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/sling/site/index.html
>> [2] http://markmail.org/search/sling+etc+map?page=1
>>
>> On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 6:20 PM, Luis Gervaso <luis.gervaso@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The issue that i want to solve is to avoid the nodes come with the
>> absolute
>>> path
>>>
>>> Probably it can be solved using a filter in the web layer ...
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Luis

>> the

>>> --