jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Tony Rozga <t...@neovalent.com>
Subject Tomcat 6 + Jackrabbit + transactions
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2008 18:03:31 GMT
Hi,  Jackrabbit newb here:

I've found plenty of examples/mail threads that talk about deploying
Jackrabbit as a JCA resource and how that means Jackrabbit is
automatically aware of the JCA transactional context.  We need to
support Tomcat 6 though and that config still confuses me as Tomcat is
not a JCA container.

I've found several transaction manager implementations (Bitronix,
Atomikos) that can be used in Tomcat.  If I setup on of these and start
a UserTransaction in my code and then do some Jackrabbit ops, will
Jackrabbit be aware of that transaction context?  Given that a
Jackrabbit Session is the underlying XAResource, what about a single
transaction that spans multiple Sessions?

Thanks,
Tony Rozga